Sunday, December 9, 2012

Small World

Today I met a man who remembered my mother from when they met at the International Handbell Symposium in Osaka, Japan in 2010. She and my aunt and cousin spent 4 days with Nozomu Abe (from the Kobe YMCA Handbell Ensemble) on sightseeing trip to Hiroshima he organized. My aunt had contacted him to tell him of Sonos' and my coming and he attended our concert this evening. After the concert we both sought to meet each other and share a moment honoring my mother who has passed away since their meeting. This trip is proving to be so special to me in so many ways. Who would think such a select group of people in a world so big would find a way to come together? Handbell musicians would! I can't thank this community enough.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cool moment! I am so happy that you got to share some time with him. Debbie

    ReplyDelete