Friday, December 7, 2012

We're here!

Well, I've stayed up as late as I can...10:30 p.m. here...have been up most of the day/night/day. Had a light dinner in a tiny place that seats only about 16. The couple there looked very surprised as 11 Americans sat down in their empty restaurant and started to try and decifer the menu board (thank you, Michele and Sunghee!). Some cold Asahi was the first order of business, then on to what kind of okonomiyaki we wanted. Several of us had shrimp and Patti had squid. Joe and Warren (Patti's husband) had foil wrapped salmon. Not sure what Sunghee ordered, she was at the other table.

Still kinda surreal to be in Japan with Sonos, but I think reality will hit tomorrow when the sun comes up and we head to the concert hall for rehearsal. My Japanese friend, Kazumi, whom I met 30 years ago and haven't seen since, will meet us tomorrow to spend some time with me/us. Hope I can sleep! I'm gonna need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment